Hey! Welcome to the blog! I’m Jehosheba. I’m a Skillet obsessed teenager with a love for Jesus and my family. I’ve been known to travel a lot, and you never know quite where I’ll be in the moment. Keep reading to find out more about me!
I’m a pretty weird person. And while it’s hard to puncture the depths of all that is Me, I’ve decided to list some random facts about myself here:
- My five siblings and I are all homeschooled. I, personally, love it! I’ve recently gotten into a school phase and the most common place to find me now is doing some subject or other.
- I’m fourteen years old.
- The fact that I’m extremely shy and my family moves like a lot means that most of my friends are also my pen pals! I love writing letters and have gotten to know some amazing people through it!
- If I’m not doing school, lost in a book or cleaning something, you can often find me writing. I’ve been writing stories since I was about six, but I’d like to think that I’ve steadily gotten better since I wrote about the kids who escaped from Indians by swimming across a lake. (The Indians couldn’t swim, you see) I’ve never written a full length novel (yet), but one of these days I shall meet that goal! *raises pen triumphantly* I’ve written quite a few short stories and with everyone I complete, I discover something new about my writing style.
- My family is a big part of my life and most of the time I take it for granted that I have parents who I know will be there for me when I need them, or siblings who I can be myself with and never have to worry about being awkward or laughed at. (Okay, scratch that: my brothers laugh at me all the time . . . but beyond that . . .)
- My reading tastes vary from that of a “normal” teenage girl’s. I love reading old (like 1600s to early 1900s) books and auto biographies. Some of my favorites are Les Miserables (Victor Hugo), A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Victor Hugo), The Return (Lacey Sturm), The Man Who Laughs (Victor Hugo) and Frankenstein (Mary Shelley). So . . . yeah, I like Victor Hugo.
- Music is a hu-u-u-u-uge part of my life. I listen to it way too much. Songs are often the inspiration for my writing and the motivation for my life. XD Some of my favorite singers and bands are Icon For Hire, Skillet, Flyleaf, Clayton Jennings, Ledger, Thousand Foot Krutch, Ivan B, Lacey Sturm, August Burns Red, Wolves At The Gate, Lecrae, The Letter Black and a few songs by Acceptance.
- And above all, I want to make Jesus the center of my life. 2019 was probably the hardest year of my life, but through everything, God showed me that I was missing fully understanding the depth of His love. I’ve grown spiritually in a lot of ways and become passionate about sharing His love and hope to the world. That’s my main goal for this blog.
I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about me! I’d love to hear about you now! Feel free to comment below!